After making so many s’more recipes, sometimes it’s hard to believe that people have thought of even more ways to make graham cracker, marshmallow and chocolate into a delicious concoction. Thankfully though, they have, and some brilliant person thought to combine the flavors into decadent fudge. I’ve been a fan of fudge for quite some time, but it usually only makes an appearance around the holidays. My aunt makes it every year, so I’ve never needed to make it myself. I decided though that it was time for me to give it a go, and I couldn’t believe that making fudge could be so easy!
I know there are more complicated ways to make fudge using candy thermometers and whatnot, but that’s just too much for me. This recipe, on the other hand, couldn’t be any easier. All you need are the below four ingredients (graham crackers, chocolate chips, condensed milk and mini marshmallows), and after melting the chocolate chips and condensed milk together, you just combine the rest of the ingredients, pour them in a pan and refrigerate. Simple, right? I was surprised when I tasted the fudge that it could be so easy to make something so creamy and rich tasting. I think my aunt might have a run for her money with this stuff. 😉
And now folks, it’s time for another announcement. After making different s’more creations for about 2 months, I’ve decided that it’s almost time for “S’more of the Week” to reach its conclusion. I know that summer continues into September, but as August comes to an end, I feel like it’s a good time to put the summer s’mores to rest. I’ll post one final s’more recipe next week, and then we’ll move on to the new segment! I already know what it’s going to be, but I’m going to keep it a secret until the big reveal in a few weeks! I think it’ll be a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy it. But for now, let’s bring out attention back to this S’mores Fudge. Check out the recipe below, and I hope you give it a whirl!
Recipe adapted from Mandy’s Recipe Box
- 12 oz. bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (mine was 14 oz.)
- 3 graham crackers
- 1 Cup mini marshmallows
- Melt chocolate and milk together over medium low heat or in a microwavable bowl in the microwave. (I placed a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirred everything, and heated it again for another 30 seconds, and then it was done.)
- Break crackers into small pieces and stir into chocolate.
- Add marshmallows and stir together.
- Spoon into a greased or buttered dish. Either a 9×9 or 8×8-inch dish works well. (I used an 8×8).
- Refrigerate fudge for 1 hour or until solid.
- Cut into squares and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.