Hello, everybody! This week’s s’more is a few days later than usual, but don’t worry! I’m back again with another tasty graham cracker/marshmallow/chocolate combo. I’m not really sure what it was (the hot weather? The success of last week’s Mango Goat Cheese Steak Bites? The desire for a s’more that more closely resembles the original?), but as I was deciding what exactly I wanted to make for the blog this week, I kept going back to the idea of a mini frozen s’more. I looked around the Internet but couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for so I decided, hey, why not just whip something up myself? As I’ve learned throughout this segment, you really can’t go wrong with graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate. 😉
The end result: Frozen S’more Bites. I could have just called them “Mini Frozen S’mores,” but I think “Frozen S’more Bites” sounds more adorable, and who doesn’t love eating adorable food? I’ll provide the instructions below for how I made these, but there’s definitely room to adjust the ingredient amounts. Feel like covering more of your bites in chocolate (I actually contemplated dunking the entire thing in chocolate…I still don’t think that’s a bad idea.)? Use more chocolate chips!
These are pretty refreshing on a hot summer day and definitely a good choice if you feel like you’re looking for a classic s’more but aren’t in the mood for something warm. I hope you all have been having a nice week, and let me know: have you ever created your own random concoction that was a success? I’d love to hear about it!
Frozen S’more Bites
- 2 Cups of mini marshmallows
- 3/4 – 1 Cup of chocolate chips
- About 10 whole graham crackers, broken into quarters (I was able to make 19 bites using the above measurements)
- Cooking spray
- Spray some cooking spray in a small pot and add the mini marshmallows.
- Cook the marshmallows on low until they are melted.
- Break graham crackers into sections and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Spoon marshmallow onto graham crackers.
- Cover graham crackers and marshmallow with another graham cracker section, making a sandwich.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for 5-10 minutes or until hardened.
- Meanwhile, heat chocolate chips in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between. I only needed to heat them for 1 minute total until they were completely melted.
- Dip a section of each graham cracker sandwich into the chocolate so that both sides are coated.
- Place back onto the baking sheet and repeat for remaining sandwiches.
- Put baking sheet in the freezer again for another 5-10 minutes or until hardened. Serve and enjoy!