Oh goodness, everybody. Do I have something to share with you. I’m going to cut right to the chase and just say it: these peanut butter s’more truffles are great. Boyfriend actually said they’re the best dessert I’ve ever made, and I’ve made a good deal of desserts. Of course, there’s a chance that he could just be acting like a nice supportive boyfriend would; however, I had multiple taste-testers on this day, and it was a hit with every one of them! I’d say these truffles were definitely a success.
The truffles are great because you can so clearly taste all the big ingredients. You might think since the graham crackers are crushed and stirred into the peanut butter mixture, they would be overpowered by the peanut butter. Not so, my friends! They still add a crunchiness to the truffles and can clearly be tasted. It’s like a nice bonus to bite into a truffle and experience first the creaminess of the peanut butter followed by the crunch of the graham crackers. Absolutely marvelous.
And if anybody out there is hesitant about making these because you think it looks difficult, it’s really not! When dipping the peanut butter balls in the chocolate, I used a spoon, which I think made it easy to evenly coat everything and also made the process a little less messy. My biggest concern was drizzling the melted marshmallow at the end, but because you melt the marshmallows so much earlier, the liquid hardens a bit by the time you need it. In my opinion, this is good because it makes the marshmallow come out slower, giving you more control over the drizzling.
I suggest keeping these in the freezer (if you manage not to immediately consume them all, that is!). If you like your truffles a bit more on the softer side, all you have to do is leave them out for a few minutes. Either way, they taste amazing, and I truly hope you try these for yourself. There’s just so much goodness to be had!
Peanut Butter S’more Truffles
Recipe adapted from Fabtastic Eats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 2/3 cup crushed graham crackers (about 5 crackers)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or any melting chocolate
- 6 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 4-5 Tablespoons whole milk, or cream
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter, sugar and 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Add crushed graham crackers and stir to combine.
- In a small pan, with the heat on low, melt the marshmallows with 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Once fully melted, set aside about 1/2 cup and with the remaining melted marshmallow, slightly mix into the peanut butter mixture. You want swirls of marshmallow, so don’t mix everything too much.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt together the chocolate and 2 Tablespoons of butter. Once it starts to melt, slowly stir in milk or cream until you get a liquid consistency that will be good for dipping.
- Note: You can use a double boiler, but I placed the ingredients in a bowl and microwaved it in 30 second increments, stirring in between. I only had to microwave everything for a minute total, and it came out fine. I also only needed 4 Tablespoons of whole milk to get the consistency I wanted.
- Roll the peanut butter balls in chocolate and place on parchment or wax paper.
- Place the balls in the freezer again for about 5-10 minutes and then drizzle them with the leftover marshmallow.
- Let everything harden and enjoy!