Hello, everybody! After a bit of hiatus, I’ve returned to the blog. I just graduated from college last weekend (wahoo!), and the past month has been a bit chaotic with finals, preparations for graduation, etc., but I’m happy to be back and blogging – especially because I have a wonderful recipe to share with you all: chocolate chip & orange banana bread.
I don’t make breads all that often, so when I do, I prepare myself for something to go wrong. The thought process: it seems so easy, so something must go wrong. To my pleasure though, everything went smoothly, and the bread was a big hit! I made two loaves, and I’m not even sure if they lasted much more than 24 hours.
I was planning on adding some pecans,but at the last minute I realized one of my friends is allergic to all nut-like products. Even though I plan on making at least one loaf with pecans next time, it’s a perfectly fine recipe without them! So I hope you try it out, and I’ll see you again soon!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3-4 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour milk (make it by adding 1/8 tsp. vinegar)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 small bag (6 oz.) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Add milk.
- Stir in baking soda, baking powder and flour.
- When completely mixed, add the bananas, chocolate chips and orange.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured loaf pans and baked at 375°F for 30 minutes.