Hello, everybody! Even though it’s only been a week since my last real blog post, it feels like it’s been a long time, and I’m happy to be back. Of course, part of that is because I enjoy blogging, but to be totally honest, another part is that I just enjoy being on a schedule, and after I’ve established a schedule, I feel a tad frazzled if I’m thrown off of it.
But thankfully, I am now in the process of de-frazzling, and I’ve chosen a recipe for today that is also frazzle-free. I’ve wanted to make egg white muffins for a while because A. I love fun breakfast things and B. I like using muffin tins for recipes other than normal muffins. You can pretty much add whatever you want to them, but I chose to stick with broccoli, red peppers and mushrooms.
One nice thing about this recipe is that you don’t need many ingredients to make twelve muffins. I don’t even think I used an entire pepper, and I probably used about a handful of mushrooms and broccoli. Plus since two or three muffins were enough for me to have at once, in about 20-30 minutes you’ve made a bunch of breakfasts in advance! Frazzle-free, my friends.
Egg White Breakfast Muffins
Recipe adapted from Living Healthy Together
- egg whites (2.5 tablespoons per muffin cup)
- vegetables (I used broccoli, red peppers, and mushrooms)
- non-stick cooking spray
- seasoning of your choice (Adobo for me!)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray into muffin cups.
- In the bottom of each muffin cup, put your vegetables and non-egg ingredients.
- Poor 2.5 tablespoons of eggs whites (approximately 2/3 full) into each muffin cup.
- Add seasoning to the top of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.