Remember when a long, long time ago I posted about the Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake? Okay, it was just last week, but it feels like a long time has passed since then. And just as I predicted in last week’s post, my smoothie/shake intake has increased quite dramatically. And why not? The pb & banana shake is an easy, quick and tasty recipe with a good amount of protein – what more could a girl ask for? So when I came across this protein whey cake recipe, I naturally had to give it a try. It meets all the requirements: easy (all you have to do is mix the ingredients in a bowl), quick (it’s done after 90 seconds in the microwave) tasty (chocolate + cinnamon = yum), and it includes 1.5 scoops of protein powder. Not too bad for a dessert! And because of the protein, it’s super filling, so if you’re looking for something to cure a chocolate craving, this will definitely do the trick.
What I really love about this cake though is how most of it cooks through but there’s still a bit that is more liquid-y, since that’s when magic like this happens:
I better stop writing now or else I’m just going to want to make myself another…and I may have already had one two days in a row. I hope you try this one out, and if you have any other snazzy microwaveable cake recipes, let me know in the comments below!
90 Second Protein Whey Cake
Recipe adapted from DHFTNS.com
- 1 packet sweetener
- 1 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 1.5 scoops whey protein (I used vanilla, but the website where I found the recipe used chocolate)
- 6 Tbs. fat free Cool Whip
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/4 servings Hungry Jack or any “Just Add Water” pancake/waffle mix
- 3-4 ounces water
- Add all ingredients except Cool Whip and water in a bowl.
- Pour almost all of the water in (since I used 4 ounces of water, I added 3 ounces at this point) and mix.
- Add remaining water and mix again.
- Spray a microwavable-safe bowl with non-stick cooking spray and pour mix into bowl.
- Microwave for :90-:110 depending on your microwave.
- Let cool, and top with Cool Whip.