Confession: I’m a sucker for awards shows. And even if I miss some of the earlier ones, I make sure I’m in front of the tv once the Oscars start. I saw a lot of cool ideas for Oscar viewing parties circulating the Internet before it aired, but I decided to keep things low-key and made this salad to munch on while I watched. It is indeed scrumptious (although I may be biased since I’m partial to anything with pesto), and just like last week’s family cookbook recipe, this salad is super simple – there are only two steps listed under the instructions! So to honor the simplicity of the recipe, I’ll keep this post short so we can get right to the main event. Enjoy, and let me know in the comments below if you did something special for the Oscars!
- 2 pkgs. fresh tortellini, tri-colored or other
- 1 1/2 C. broccoli flowerettes
- 2/3 C. pimento olives
- 4 large carrots, juiliened
- 2 red peppers, juiliened
- 3/4 C. pesto
- 6 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Cook tortellini, rinse with cold water.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and toss with tortellini and veggies.