So this week, I made another one of my favorites from my family’s cookbook. I feel like I’ll be saying that every week, since so many of the recipes in there are one of my favorites! But this one truly is one of my top choices. It’s so easy, and it smells so good when it’s cooking. I felt like I was back in my mama’s kitchen while I was making it!
I was thinking while grocery shopping that I could sub in veggie pasta or various other ingredients to try to make it a tad healthier, but I figured I should preserve the recipe and all of its homemade goodness when I share it with you here. I’ll leave it up to you to do any subbing if you wish. Enjoy!
Bowties with Chicken, Spinach, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I may have forgotten to chop them – oops!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 lb. bowtie pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbs. fresh or 3 tsp. dried basil
- 1 lb. baby spinach
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lb. feta cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in olive oil.
- Add garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until spinach is wilted. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and top with chicken and spinach sauce.